Qualifying For The First Time Homebuyers Program
First Time Homebuyers Homepage |
Houses For Sale
- Are you in a steady job?
(for over 1 year)
- Do you currently rent, and have receipts or canceled checks to prove it?
- Is your credit OK?
(it doesn’t need to be perfect, but it does need to be OK)?
- Has it been at least two years since you last owned a house?
If you can answer an honest "Yes" to the above questions, we might be able to help you purchase a home here in Falmouth. The steps are actually rather simple:
- Let us know if you think you qualify
- We will have one of our mortgage brokers get in touch with you in the next few days. They will go through the actual pre-approval process, where you find out how much of a mortgage you can afford.
- After pre-approval, we can begin to look at houses! Weichert, Realtors© - Donahue Partners will provide you with a booklet of every house currently on the market in your price range.
Now the fun begins...
- Drive around, check out houses and areas that interest you.
- You and your Weichert, Realtors© - Donahue Partners Realtor will then set up appointments to see the houses that you are interested in.
- With your pre-approval from a mortgage lender, you make an offer on the house you want.
- After the offer is accepted, we prepare to close, and in about 6-8 weeks, the closing will occur, after which the house is yours!